Volunteering and Donations
Creciendo Juntos invites guests, visitors, and residents to be part of an experience that generates added value to their stay. The invitation is extended under the following premises:
- We are responsible to the communities in which we live and work and to the world community as well. We must be good citizens, support good causes and charity.
- Volunteering abroad can be one of the most educational, inspiring, and exciting activities. Working and helping in another culture can enrich your life long after reaching home.
- People of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and income have chosen to spend part of their vacation and / or business trip to volunteer in different projects.
- The possibilities are endless! We just have to know your volunteer time, your preference, the number of people who will participate, and your budget, in order to tailor volunteer experiences.
- Volunteering is a form of expression that communicates the personal and social values that give our lives deeper meaning. It is a necessity in a world that has so many human needs.
In recent years, as a result of a basic-needs assessment in educational infrastructure performed by the Ministry of Education, Creciendo Juntos has worked on improving the infrastructure of the schools within the local communities. Specific volunteering activities have included building classrooms, restrooms, and playgrounds, In addition, general repair maintenance and improvement efforts, including painting, landscaping, gardening and repairing have been conducted. Furthermore, the program has donated, among others items, kitchen utensils, textbooks, teaching materials, and personal items like backpacks with supplies for children.
Impact from the six years of this program:
- 13,473 volunteering and donations canalized to schools, high schools, clinic and families
- 119,157 people benefited
- Textbooks donated to 13 schools since 2011
- 4,200 backpacks delivered
- $3,600,000 is the contribution made through volunteering and donations to schools, high schools, families, clinic and some other organizations.